Tong Li, Kai Zheng, Ke Xu, Rahul Arvind Jadhav, Tao Xiong, Keith Winstein, and Kun Tan. "TACK: Improving Wireless Transport Performance by Taming Acknowledgments." Proceedings of the 2020 Conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication (ACM SIGCOMM), pp. 15-30, 2020.
Download the pdf here.
- B.S. in Department of Computer Science and Technology, Wuhan University, 2012
- Ph.D in Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, 2017
- Jul. 2017 – to date: Senior Researcher
- Computer Network and Protocol Lab, 2012 Laboratories, Huawei
- Duties included:
- Measurement study on multi-path TCP with multiple cellular carriers on high-speed rails. Part of my work was done when I was a PhD student in Tsinghua University. This work is published on the ACM SIGCOMM 2018.
- Standardization of a novel acknowledgement mechanism, known as TACK (Tame ACKnowledgement), which is aimed to be the standard of acknowledgement in 802.11-based wireless scenarios (e.g., WLAN). We are active in IETF groups such as tcpm and QUIC WG.
- I designed the TCP-TACK (UDP-based implementation is called FillP). TCP-TACK is a newly proposed transport protocol, revisiting division of labor between sender and receiver of TCP. TCP- TACK is now applied in dozens of Huawei products including smartphones, projection devices, CDNs, storage systems, applications, and internal tools. This work is published on the ACM SIGCOMM 2020.
- Team Leader of Nearby Service, which is one of 24 kits in the Huawei Mobile Service (HMS). Nearby Service allows apps to easily discover nearby devices and set up communication with them using technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The service provides Nearby Connection APIs and Nearby Message APIs.
- Architect and product manager of Contact Shield. I led the team to design, implement, and release the HMS Core Contact Shield, which is a basic contact tracing service developed based on the Bluetooth low energy (BLE) technology. Government organizations can authorize developers to develop COVID-19 contact tracing apps using Contact Shield APIs. These apps can interact with other devices while protecting user privacy to check whether a user has been in contact with a person tested positive for COVID-19. If so, the user will be notified and instructed to take relevant measures, effectively controlling the spread of the virus.
- Supervisor: Dr. Kai Zheng & Dr. Kun Tan
Minimizing Tardiness for Data-intensive Applications in Heterogeneous Systems: A Matching Theory Perspective
Ke Xu, Liang Lv, Tong Li*, Meng Shen, Haiyang Wang, Kun Yang. "Minimizing Tardiness for Data-intensive Applications in Heterogeneous Systems: A Matching Theory Perspective." IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol.31, no.1, pp. 144-158, 2020. (*Corresponding author)
Lei Xu, Ke Xu, Tong Li, Kai Zheng, Meng Shen, Xiaojiang Du and Xinle Du. "ABQ: Active Buffer Queueing in Datacenters." IEEE Network, pp. 232-237, 2019.
Zhicheng Ge, Ke Xu, Liang Chen, Tong Li, Long Yao, and Meng Shen. "A Hierarchical Cooperative Caching Strategy for Mobile Content Delivery Network." Chinese Journal of Computers (in Chinese), vol.41, no.12, pp. 2769-2786, 2018.
Tong Li, Kezhi Wang, Ke Xu, Kun Yang, Chathura Sarathchandra Magurawalage, Haiyang Wang. "Communication and Computation Cooperation in Cloud Radio Access Network with Mobile Edge Computing." CCF Transactions on Networking (CTON), pp. 43-52, 2018.
Haiyang Wang, Tong Li*, Ryan Shea, Xiaoqiang Ma, Feng Wang, Jiangchuan Liu, Ke Xu*. "Towards Cloud-Based Distributed Interactive Applications: Measurement, Modeling, and Analysis." ACM/IEEE Transactions on Networking (TON), vol.26, no.1, pp. 3-16, 2018. (*Corresponding author)
Li Li, Ke Xu, Tong Li, Kai Zheng, Chunyi Peng, Dan Wang, Xiangxiang Wang, Meng Shen, Rashid Mijumbi. "A Measurement Study on Multi-path TCP with Multiple Cellular Carriers on High-speed Rails." Proceedings of the 2018 Conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication (ACM SIGCOMM), pp. 161-175, 2018.
Jiangtao Ma, Yaqiong Qiao, Guangwu Hu, Tong Li, Yongzhong Huang, Yanjun Wang, Chaoqin Zhang. "Social Account Linking via Weighted Bipartite Graph Matching". International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS), vol.31, no.7, pp. 1-17, 2017.
Yuchao Zhang, Ke Xu, Haiyang Wang, Qi Li, Tong Li, and Xuan Cao. "Going Fast and Fair: Latency Optimization for Cloud-Based Service Chains". IEEE Network, pp. 138-143, 2017.
Tong Li, Chathura Sarathchandra Magurawalage, Kezhi Wang, Ke Xu, Kun Yang, Haiyang Wang. "On efficient offloading control in cloud radio access network with mobile edge computing". IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), pp. 2258-2263, 2017.
Tong Li, Ke Xu, Meng Shen, Haiyang Wang, Kun Yang, and Yuchao Zhang. "Towards Minimal Tardiness of Data-intensive Applications in Heterogeneous Networks." IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), pp. 1-9, 2016.
Modeling, Analysis, and Implementation of Universal Acceleration Platform Across Online Video Sharing Sites
Ke Xu, Tong Li*, Haiyang Wang, Haitao Li, Wei Zhu, Jiangchuan Liu and Song Lin. "Modeling, Analysis, and Implementation of Universal Acceleration Platform Across Online Video Sharing Sites." IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), vol.11, no.3, pp. 534-548, 2016. (*Corresponding author)
Hui Su, Ke Xu, Meng Shen, Yong Wang, Yifeng Zhong, Tong Li. "Research on Mobile Data Subsidy Model and Case Study." Journal of Computer Research and Development (in Chinese), vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 861-872, 2016.
Ke Xu, Meng Shen, Hongying Liu, Jiangchuan Liu, Fan Li and Tong Li, "Achieving Optimal Traffic Engineering Using a Generalized Routing Framework." IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 51-65, 2015.
Ke Xu, Min Zhu, Ning Wang, Song Lin, Haiyang Wang and Tong Li, "The 2ACT Model-based Evaluation for In-network Caching Mechanism." IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), pp. 636-641, 2013.
Jing Chen, Tong Li, Ruiying Du, Jianming Fu, Jianwei Liu. "Efficient reliable opportunistic network coding based on hybrid flow in wireless network." China Communications, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 125-131, 2011.
Talk at UC San Francisco, Department of Testing, San Francisco, California
Tutorial at UC-Berkeley Institute for Testing Science, Berkeley CA, USA
Talk at London School of Testing, London, UK
Conference proceedings talk at Testing Institute of America 2014 Annual Conference, Los Angeles, CA
- Skilled English, can be used as a living and working language
- 10-month oversea study and work experience (United Kingdom)
- Certificate of the CET-4, CET-6, and Tsinghua English Proficiency Test II